A Market-Based Program Exclusively Designed for Contingency-Fee Attorneys
Fee Structure Plus® (FSP) brings much-needed tax planning solutions and forward-thinking investment strategies to the arena of structuring attorney fees, allowing attorneys to have their fees invested in a vehicle other than a traditional annuity. With FSP, attorneys have investment flexibility and the potential to realize a greater rate of return on their deferred fees.
Benefits of Fee Structure Plus®
- Income Tax Deferral: Rather than paying taxes on a lump sum, the full amount of the contingency fee is placed in FSP pre-tax. This approach permits the attorney to spread out tax liability as the payments are received, allowing the FSP account to continue growing in the meantime.
- Diversification of Funds: Fee Structure Plus® can help attorneys achieve asset-class diversification to address income needs, retirement planning, operating expenses, and other financial considerations.
- Market-Related Returns: In addition to tax-deferral on contingency fees, deferred funds may be allocated to market-related investment portfolios.
- Periodic Payments to Meet Individual Needs: Periodic payments are designed to deliver the flexibility and customization needed to meet an attorney’s specific financial goals. Attorneys can manage their tax burden by distributing payments over several years or deferring payments to a time or place when their tax rate is lower.
- Open Architecture Solution: Attorneys can now select a passive or active investment management approach using a respected financial institution or their personal financial advisor. This allows for the investment to work in conjunction with their overall wealth management strategy.
Why the Most Successful Attorneys Choose Fee Structure Plus®
“If you are considering an attorney fee structure, do yourself a favor and inquire about Fee Structure Plus®. The options and flexibility afforded by the program are truly unique and advantageous to contingency fee attorneys.” -John F. Romano, Esq., Romano Law Group, West Palm Beach, FL